PaintCode2Cappuccino

Udo Schneider

Jan 28, 2015, 5:24:31 AM1/28/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
All,

I just created a small repository called "PaintCode2Cappuccino" (https://github.com/krodelin/PaintCode4Cappuccino). It contains a small shell script (paired with some sed/perl magic) which "transpiles" ObjC code generated by PaintCode (http://www.paintcodeapp.com/) into ObjC code.

It's not perfect - but some drawings require no manual change at all; others very subtle changes (esp. those using Properties notation).

Finally there are some, which don't work at all. It's especially tricky, if you want to use text as CG on Cappuccino does not (yet) render Text. For very small amounts of text you can try converting it to Beziers in PaintCode before exporting. for larger amounts you can e.g. raster the text into a bitmap and render it as an overlay.

Maybe somebody can make any use of this.

CU,

Udo

Martin Carlberg

Jan 28, 2015, 7:32:04 AM1/28/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Simple solution that looks great.

Thanks for sharing,

- Martin

Udo Schneider

Jan 28, 2015, 8:23:50 AM1/28/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

maybe too simple in the long run. But it did get it's job done for what I needed ... and implementing a full-blown ObjC parser was out of question ;-)

CU,

Udo

Todd Freese

Jan 28, 2015, 11:35:38 AM1/28/15