Text

Gerard Iglesias

May 12, 2016, 4:20:31 AM5/12/16
to objectivej Objective-J
Hello everybody,

I am coming back in the ObjectiveJ / Cappuccino world, and so some work where I need to display and edit some simple text, not need for rich text with picture and so on.

What is the best way to do that with this technology ?

I use CPTextField to display some json content, but it is not good for editing…

Thank in advance

Gerard

Martin Carlberg

May 12, 2016, 5:08:14 AM5/12/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerard,

Welcome back!

We have a pull request for CPTextView here https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/pull/2068. That will allow you to display and edit some text.

It is also available as a separat framework here https://github.com/daboe01/CPTextView

Happy coding,

- Martin

Gerard Iglesias

May 12, 2016, 7:43:05 AM5/12/16
to objectivej Objective-J
Great

Thank a lot.

Why this is not included in the master branch ? Even if it is not perfect ?

I am trying to use it and maybe I am going to make some modifications in order to get XCodeCapp…

Better to be involved in the talk on github maybe ?

Gerard

Martin Carlberg

May 12, 2016, 7:57:27 AM5/12/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
It is decided to include it into master after the 0.9.9 release. The person who should do it is just away at the moment...

Please get involved in the talk on github if you have specific questions on the implementation.

- Martin

Dogild

May 12, 2016, 1:03:07 PM5/12/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi Gerard,

You can use a multiline text field as well ;)

Gerard Iglesias

May 12, 2016, 3:35:02 PM5/12/16
to objectivej Objective-J
Thank, I succeeded to use CPTextView

And the scrolling work well, I will continu this wy to test it and understand the mechanism.

I use Xcode and XcodeCapp, using the capability to use a CustomView in a scroll view and setting the class of the Custom View during unarchiving it does work like a charm :)

Regards

Gerard

daboe01

May 13, 2016, 4:07:37 AM5/13/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
hi gerard,
good to hear that somebody else is using and testing it.
if you should find issues, feel free to post them here: https://github.com/daboe01/CPTextView/issues
best greetings,
daniel

Gerard Iglesias

May 13, 2016, 6:48:47 AM5/13/16
to objectivej Objective-J
Hi Daniel,

I will put any issue I have for my need.

And if you need me to test some stuff in it don’t hesitate to make suggestion.

Regards$

Gerard

Gerard Iglesias

May 17, 2016, 11:52:44 AM5/17/16
to objectivej Objective-J
Hello,

A question, what is exactly the Copy/Paste status for CPTextView ?

Thank you in advance.

Gerard

daboe01

May 19, 2016, 4:34:27 PM5/19/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
plain text copy-paste is fully functional (i tested chrome, safari and firefox) browsers (native only from keyboard shortcuts as in google docs).
native rich text copy-paste, however, is currently unsupported (no idea how google docs does this).

do you see any issues other than this?

best greetings,

daniel