CPTableViewDelegate tableView:didDragTableColumn: not fully implemented?

david.ri...@enquora.com

Jan 31, 2017, 6:22:34 PM1/31/17
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Can anyone confirm tableView:didDragTableColumn: is/is not implemented properly?

The delegate selector is listed in the API docs and a private implementation does exist in the CPTableView.j source
/*!
    @ignore
    Call the delegate didDragTableColumn with the given tableColumn
*/
- (void)_sendDelegateDidDragTableColumn:(CPInteger)column
{
    if (_implementedDelegateMethods & CPTableViewDelegate_tableView_didDragTableColumn_)
        [_delegate tableView:self didDragTableColumn:_tableColumns[column]];
}

but I'm seeing no indication (in my implementation) the delegate message is ever sent - and examining CPTableView.j, I see no evidence the private selector send is ever invoked.

Further questions:
  • What triggers inclusion of a method when API docs are generated?
  • What is the point of @ignore when the lines are already enclosed in comments?
  • What is the purpose of this long block of comments and the included @-prefixed 'directives' (they don't seem to do anything)? Is it an attempt at a literate programming discussion of class functionality?
  • Were the @-prefixed directives a convention that was agreed upon in the past? To what end?
cheers,
d.r.

david.ri...@enquora.com

Jan 31, 2017, 7:42:00 PM1/31/17
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
@-prefixed items are all documentation generator directives - got it.

Initial question about unresponsive tableView:didDragTableColumn: still stands.

d.r.

Martin Carlberg

Feb 1, 2017, 3:19:15 AM2/1/17
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did a quick search for ’didDragTableColumn:’ in the Cappuccino project and it does not look like it is ever called. I think the whole block of comment is just for documentation for the ’CPTableViewDelegate’ protocol. Objective-J didn’t support protocols at the beginning. This block of comment should be moved to the ’CPTableViewDelegate’ protocol definition.

- Martin