0.9.7 Docs still broken?

mike

Apr 1, 2014, 3:22:16 PM4/1/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
0.9.7 documentations still seem to be broken. I've tried generating docs but they're also broken. Anyone know if 0.9.6 Docs are hosted anywhere?

Andrew Hankinson

Apr 1, 2014, 5:06:36 PM4/1/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I’ve successfully generated a copy for Dash from the repo recently. What bits are broken?

On Apr 1, 2014, at 3:22 PM, mike <michaelk...@gmail.com> wrote:

0.9.7 documentations still seem to be broken. I've tried generating docs but they're also broken. Anyone know if 0.9.6 Docs are hosted anywhere?

mike

Apr 1, 2014, 5:25:48 PM4/1/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
It's missing a ton of the documentation like it is on the official documentation site...

Andrew Hankinson

Apr 1, 2014, 5:29:47 PM4/1/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I just confirmed that my version builds the documentation with all the ‘extra’ bits.

Did you run the pre/post processing scripts when building it?

If it’s helpful I could make a downloadable copy.

-Andrew

bartels76

Apr 2, 2014, 9:24:10 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
If documentation is fixed, I'd suggest updating it on the website.  I just checked and the following link doesn't have CPArray in the class list if searching for it.  http://www.cappuccino-project.org/learn/documentation/

I would like to build it myself as well.  Is there instructions on running the pre/post scripts when building documentation?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Alexander Ljungberg

Apr 2, 2014, 10:04:25 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com, bartels76

We use jake to generate the docs and that includes pre and postprocessing:

jake docs

The docs on the website are the ones that were made this way for 0.9.7 — if master has improvements on docs generation they’ll be in 0.9.8.

Alexander

mike

Apr 2, 2014, 10:27:57 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I just run jake docs and they end up being exactly how they are on the site.

Andrew Hankinson

Apr 2, 2014, 10:33:39 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Are you running 0.9.7, or HEAD?

Alexander Ljungberg

Apr 2, 2014, 10:34:46 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com, mike
Then the site is up to date. Doxygen normally fails to generate docs for everything, so maybe you’re simply looking for something that’s not working. Sorry about that in that case, it’s not a popular area for volunteer work. Happy to take pull requests for fixes!

Also remember the Apple docs for Cocoa are a good starting point for many things Cappuccino.

Alexander

Andrew Hankinson

Apr 2, 2014, 10:35:20 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I can confirm this — CPArray documentation isn’t being generated.

Anyone know why?

mike

Apr 2, 2014, 10:45:17 AM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I'm running 0.9.7.

Other classes are completely missing like CPView, too.

Aparajita Fishman

Apr 2, 2014, 12:23:37 PM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
CPArray documentation isn't being generated because it's a cluster of classes and the implementation filenames begin with underscore, which is ignored by doxygen. This will get fixed eventually.

Martin Carlberg

Apr 2, 2014, 12:45:48 PM4/2/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I believe you can read more about this problem and solution here:

- Martin