Objection Framework and ARC compatibility?

Matthew Hiller

Jan 10, 2013, 12:37:18 PM1/10/13
to objection...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if this is answered in a previous topic, but I don't see an archive of past posts here.

The TODO section for Objection mentions "ARCify for iOS" as a goal, yet to be done. Can anyone provide a little more color on what that means? Will the framework not work in conjunction with an ARC-based codebase? Or will it work alright, it's just the Objection code itself that isn't ARCified? Or something else?

Thanks much,
Matt

Justin DeWind

Jan 10, 2013, 12:45:10 PM1/10/13
to objection...@googlegroups.com
Objection can work in an ARC project without any configuration if you use it in the following manner:

* Use it via cocoapods.org
* Build the framework (see installation guide).

If you are integrating the Objection.xcodeproj directly you'll need to disable ARC on Objection related files. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6646052/how-can-i-disable-arc-for-a-single-file-in-a-project

Matthew Hiller

Jan 10, 2013, 1:10:49 PM1/10/13
to objection...@googlegroups.com
Building the framework should suit our needs fine. Thanks for the quick response!