I will be offline for the next month.

Trygve Reenskaug

May 24, 2016, 2:10:31 AM5/24/16
to DCI-object-composition

I have got an opportunity for demoing my Personal Programming ideas in 3 weeks time. All I need is something to demo. So I'll be coding like mad. Worse is better. I only hope it will be good enough.

--Trygve

Bård Lind

May 24, 2016, 3:43:33 AM5/24/16
to object-co...@googlegroups.com

Best of luck, Trygve!

Best regards,Bård

24. mai 2016 8.10 a.m. skrev "Trygve Reenskaug" <try...@ifi.uio.no>:

I have got an opportunity for demoing my Personal Programming ideas in 3 weeks time. All I need is something to demo. So I'll be coding like mad. Worse is better. I only hope it will be good enough.

--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug

Jun 30, 2016, 6:12:35 AM6/30/16
to DCI-object-composition
On 24.05.2016 08:10, Trygve Reenskaug wrote:

I have got an opportunity for demoing my Personal Programming ideas in 3 weeks time. All I need is something to demo. So I'll be coding like mad. Worse is better. I only hope it will be good enough.

--Trygve

It was good enough. A very successful demo of Personal Programming. Next, I'll make a movie of the demo and write a short article that supports it. Seeing is believing.

An insight: A professional programmer writes programs for other people to use.  A personal programmer writes programs for personal use. A different ball game, IMO.

Some statistics: There are 2 billion owners of powerful computers around the world today (smartphones, tablets, etc.) The number of potential owners of Alan Kay's Dynabook now counts 2000 million persons! Awesome and inspiring.

Smalltalk-72 won the children but didn't scale. Smalltalk-76 scaled but lost the children. Later versions of Smalltalk has forgotten the children altogether. My demo is based on BabyIDE and DCI. It scales and regains the children. The demo shows how Ellen programs her alarm clock to wake her if the weather is acceptable. I'll post the video as soon as it's available.

Attached is an old draft article on PP.

--Trygve
PersonalProgramming - Introduction.pdf