BabyIDE now works in Squeak 4.5

Trygve Reenskaug

Jan 14, 2015, 9:49:40 AM1/14/15
to DCI-object-composition
Hi all,
BabyIDE with a number of examples is now ready for downloading into a Squeak 4.5 image:
1.     WorldMenu > open... > SqueakMap Categories.
2.     Select "Development tools" > BBAllInOne > (1.4)
3.     Click "Install"
Example programs can be run from
        WorldMenu > open... > BB5bBank etc.
The sources for an example  can be edited in BabyIDE, e.g.:
        WorldMenu > open... > BB1: IDE>BB5bBank

BabyIDE with its DCI infrastructure is a non-intrusive addition to Squeak; everything works as before and programming can be done in the usual manner (if desired).

DCI home page with documentation etc.: http://fulloo.info/.

Enjoy
--Trygve
--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: try...@ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://folk.uio.no/trygver/

Hai Quang Kim

Jan 14, 2015, 11:53:58 AM1/14/15
to object-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trygve,

This is great, I just downloaded the package for 4.5
BBIdeAllInOne works for me (BBAllInOne did not for some reason)

But for Etoys I cannot install the package.
It shows error: ChangesOrganizer class>>basicNewChangeSet
(I still can install BabyIDE only in Etoys, but I cannot fileout example from squeak 4.5 to etoys)

I guess Etoys is using older squeak image.

Thank you very much for pushing this far. I hope the Squeak community will pick this up.
I already found a way to use DCI in my daily project with some trade-off.

/quang

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 10:49:40 PM UTC+8, trygve wrote:
Hi all,
BabyIDE with a number of examples is now ready for downloading into a Squeak 4.5 image:
1.     WorldMenu > open... > SqueakMap Categories.
2.     Select "Development tools" > BBAllInOne > (1.4)
3.     Click "Install"
Example programs can be run from
        WorldMenu > open... > BB5bBank etc.
The sources for an example  can be edited in BabyIDE, e.g.:
        WorldMenu > open... > BB1: IDE>BB5bBank

BabyIDE with its DCI infrastructure is a non-intrusive addition to Squeak; everything works as before and programming can be done in the usual manner (if desired).

DCI home page with documentation etc.: http://fulloo.info/.

Enjoy
--Trygve
--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: ...@ifi.uio.no

Mircea S.

Jan 14, 2015, 4:10:04 PM1/14/15
to object-co...@googlegroups.com
Mine crashes when installing BBAllInOne > 1.4 with "No package release found with version TRee.1 8" Maybe there's a typo in the script?

BabyIdeAllInOne works just like Quang.

Trygve Reenskaug

Jan 15, 2015, 5:00:14 AM1/15/15
to object-co...@googlegroups.com, The general-purpose Squeak developers list
You  are right. BBAllInOne was an unsuccessful experiment. It is now deleted.
The working installer is BabyIdeAllInOne version 1.4

Thanks
--Trygve