Fwd: ACCU 2016 | 1 week to go!

James O Coplien

Apr 15, 2016, 4:24:30 PM4/15/16
to object-co...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI — I’ll be keynoting at ACCU 2016 and speaking about trygve.

To make sure you receive future emails,
please add ac...@archer-yates.co.uk to your address book or saf
e list.

banner2

 button(4)
 Twitter button

Sponsors

Bloomberg

       Jetbrains_NL

        UndoDB_with_tag_line-01

         QBS

riverbladelogo-150x150

Mosaic

Supporting Organisations

skillsmatter logo simple black (1)

Have you registered to attend the conference for programmers and developers? With only one week to go until #ACCUConf 2016 it’s not too late for you to join!

Whether you’re thinking about registering or have registered and are eagerly awaiting next week, we thought we’d get in touch to remind you of the ACCU 2016 highlights:

Keynote Speakers

One of the key reasons people attend ACCU year-on-year is our fantastic keynote speakers and this year promises not to disappoint! We have Cope (aka Jim Coplien) kicking the conference off in style on Wednesday morning with his session entitled ‘A Glimpse of Trygve: From Class-oriented Programming to Real OO’. Andrei Alexandrescu will then join us on Thursday morning for his session entitled ‘Fastware’ with Marian Petre joining us on Friday for her session on ‘Balancing Bias in Software Development’. Finally Anna-Jayne Metcalfe will help us close the conference in style with her session titled ‘Comfort Zones’ taking a look at why we have comfort zones and how they can help us improve.

For more information on our keynote speakers and their sessions please click HERE.

In-depth Programme

The ACCU 2016 programme is jam packed with a range of different sessions from industry respected speakers. With sessions on mutation testing, Modern C++, xDD, Haskell and Java, Go and Big Data Analytics to the annual favourite pub quiz it’s sure not to disappoint. To check out the full programme and pencil in your favourites, please click HERE.

Tuesday, will also see the pre-conference tutorials taking place ahead of the conference start. This is a perfect opportunity to get hands on experience on a topic of your choice. For more information on the tutorials available please click HERE.

Social Events

Community is at the heart of everything we do and is mentioned time and time again by attendees as one of the key things that makes ACCU stand out from the crowd. It’s an inclusive event and delegates and speakers alike benefit from the ACCU community spirit. To this end our social events are always popular!

Wednesday will host our Welcome Reception, kindly support by Mosaic, where delegates can catch-up with old contacts and make new and of course meet our sponsors who year-on-year support the conference.

On Friday the ACCU Conference dinner will be boldly going where it hasn’t gone before as it takes on a sci-fi twist. Enjoy an intergalactic experience as you grab a fabulous themed drink and sit –down to a menu that nods towards sci-fi (what do electric sheep taste like?). Tickets are just £50+ VAT.

Our headline sponsors, Bloomberg, are inviting delegates to join them for drinks and ping-pong at Zerodegrees on Thursday 21st April for what promises to be a fun and competitive night! So take the chance to relax, see more of Bristol, make new acquaintances and of course show-off your ping-pong prowess.

With all that said there's only one more thing to left:

We look forward to welcoming you to ACCU 2016!

The ACCU Conference Team

 button(4)

In the words of a past attendee "come along and join us. You won't regret it"!

If you do not wish to receive future emails from ACCU, click here to opt-out.

Cvent - Web-based Software Solutions

Trygve Reenskaug

Apr 16, 2016, 8:28:04 AM4/16/16
to object-co...@googlegroups.com
Great. I hope you will share the audience response.

The essence of object orientation is that objects collaborate  to achieve a goal.
Trygve Reenskaug
mailto: try...@ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A
http://folk.uio.no/trygver/
N-0378 Oslo
http://fullOO.info
Norway                     Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27