Permission denied error when trying to delete db.sqlite3

J G

Dec 4, 2014, 6:51:02 AM12/4/14
to obey-the-test...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

on Windows 8 with git bash I cannot follow the instruction on page 74:
rm db.sqlite3

I get the error message:
rm: cannot unlink 'db.sqlite3': Permission denied

I use git version 1.94.msysgit.1

What I tried:
- sudo... cough
- restarting Windows Explorer
- closed my IDE (I swear I tried to use a text editor, but tab and spaces killed me)

Btw - great, great book, though I do not develop with Django but Zope! I wish I coulde use Django, though :-)

Jurgen

J G

Dec 4, 2014, 6:57:43 AM12/4/14
to obey-the-test...@googlegroups.com
Ah well... Windows gave me a better error message when I tried to delete the db file in Windows Explorer.

I had to kill the test server first, which ran on another shell, before I could delete the db file.