Fetching data from Google Play Developer Console (PHP)

Cécile Fecherolle

Jan 4, 2013, 10:02:00 AM1/4/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm turning to you because I'm running out of ideas to implement a feature on a site I'm developing.
Indeed, I have to create some sort of statistics pooling web application, which would allow clients to see the statistics of their Android apps on the market, without giving them access to the account, and making in easier for them.
The app would use a database saving system to keep data through time.

Since there is no official Google API to access this kind of data, I'm quite groping right now.

After quite a lot of research on the topic, it looks like I have to authenticate through OAuth 2.
I've tried some things in PHP and managed to get an access token.
I then wanted to try this token, to check if it was correct and giving the authorizations I expect him to, but I have no clue about the parameters to set for this POST request.
(I used Curl to get the token, but don't know what to do with it now)

I also tried to observe the requests of other webservices, which are official (such as G+) but I couldn't adapt them to my case.
I tried to analyze the header of the requests which are sent when I connect to the dev console, still no luck while trying to send in the same way my access token.

I don't know what to do anymore, I can't even test my authentication process, because I don't know where to send the token to the dev console.

Any hint ot help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Selphira

Carlos Roig Salvador

Mar 4, 2013, 9:43:02 AM3/4/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com

Hi Selphira,

I found out  this topic in Stackoverflow. I am triying to do something similar. I have read that you are getting more data, and you already have could get some responses. I would like to know how you do it, because i dont really understand the process.

Thank you very much.