GeoIP API

Alexander Geuze

Feb 24, 2013, 11:28:25 AM2/24/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys,

i have a little question about the GeoIP api.
a) where can i download it & where can i find some tutorials
b) is it possible to integrate the geoIP api to our site so that we can work with the location of the user?
for example: user from vienna connects, so he will be redirected to the vienna content. if he connects from berlin he will seen the berlin content

I hope you can help me, and you understood my bad english.
Best regards
Alex

Naveen Agarwal

Feb 25, 2013, 1:49:44 AM2/25/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

This is a forum for oauth2 so you may find a better answer by search or at a different forum. I don't think Google has an API to give the geo location based on an IP. You could use the HTML5 geolocation API but that will prompt the user. I think this should be  of help: on stackoverflow.

Thanks

Naveen