OpenWest 2018 - Call For Papers

Victor Villa

Jan 1, 2018, 4:54:02 PM1/1/18
to oa...@googlegroups.com
OpenWest 2018 - Call For Papers

** 11th Annual OpenWest Conference
Call for Papers open until January 31st

The OpenWest Conference is one of the best Open Source conferences where community members from around the western U.S. come together to learn and share information about the latest trends and technologies in development, system administration, and more.

We know speakers are key to the success of a conference and hope you will submit a talk. In appreciation of your efforts, our speaker compensation package includes:
* Full conference pass (excluding tutorials)
* For speakers remote to the Area:
+ Complimentary airfare/travel (according to conference policy)
+ 3 complimentary hotel nights (additional hotel night for speakers presenting a tutorial)
* Receptions and activities included in regular conference

** Speaker Mentoring
Not everybody feels comfortable with speaking, Please don't let that stop you from submitting your name to speak at the conference.  We are starting a speaker mentoring program to help everybody to become better speakers.

Steps:
1. Submit your speaking idea at https://cfp.openwest.org
2. Email us at ment...@utos.org (mailto:ment...@utos.org?subject=IMPORTANT%20%3A%20Speaker%20Mentoring)  and we'll work with you!

** Blind community voting

We use blind community voting as the main factor in deciding which speakers to invite. Other factors include the number of talks per topic, travel cost, and the number of talks submitted by that speaker. We do NOT take into consideration gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

** Code of Conduct

We are also committed to ensuring the conference is a place where ideas are exchanged, old friends get together, new friends meet and harassment is not tolerated. We expect speakers, attendees and sponsor representatives to be professional and courteous to each other. We reserve the right to remove, without refund, ANY attendee (speaker or otherwise) who is unable to adhere to this policy.

mj/v