OpenWest 2016 - Discount Code, Keynotes, Presentations, and IoT Awesomeness

Victor Villa

Jun 27, 2016, 4:51:31 PM6/27/16
to oa...@googlegroups.com
** OpenWest - User Group discount!

Over the years, Utah Open Source and the OpenWest conference have seen thousands of technologist in the area learn and grow together as communities.  We strive to encourage that by offering discount codes to user groups.  As a previous attendee, you are entitled to a discount.  Please use the promo code below for significant savings!
Promo code: COMMUNITY
Click here to register with discount applied https://openwest.eventbrite.com/?discount=community

** OpenWest - Announcing the OpenWest IoT Challenge

Hosted by Beehive Startups and UT Ignite
A Start Madness qualifying event
The IoT competition takes several issues that Utah faces and looks for solutions, challenges to be announced at the conference.

Wednesday - Best Concepts Elimination Round
Thursday - Best MVP Elimination Round
Friday - Best of Show Grand Prize

$1000s in cash awards and prizes for best ideas!!

Participants must be OpenWest Attendees.  Click here to learn more! (https://www.openwest.org/internet-of-things/)

**
OpenWest - Now with 33% more awesome!

The OpenWest Conference goes a full extra day this year!  Starting on Wednesday July 13 and ending Saturday the 16th, we're giving attendees more time to learn, more time to network, more time to team build.

Come out to hear our keynotes*:

Karen M Sandler - Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy
Thomas S Hatch - Founder and CTO, Salt Stack, Inc
Josh Simmons - Open Source Project Manager, Google
Jeff Beatty - Head of Localization, Mozilla
Elliot Harmon - Activist, EFF
https://www.openwest.org/keynote/

Come out to see the new Hackcenter:

Expanded CTF challenge
New Intercollegiate CTF
New HeboCon competition
https://www.openwest.org/hackcenter/

Look forward to seeing everybody this year!

Victor Villa
Utah Open Source

* Keynote Bruce Schneier regrettably had a change in his schedule and is no longer able to keynote for us this year.