Multiple Video Cards and Displays

Samuel N. Haymes

Apr 23, 2015, 8:54:44 PM4/23/15
to OALUG
I have a question about multiple video cards and displays in X Window.
I know how to multiple displays using multiple video cards where the
displays act as multiple screens on the displays. For example, I can
access the different displays using the -display :0.0, -display :0.1,
etc.

What I want to do is set up the displays so they act like displays
and not screens. For example, -display :0.0, display :1.0, etc. I
thought I could do this in the XServer file. I am doing this on Sun
workstations using solaris. I can find lots of example for setting
up multiple screens but not multiple displays.

I know the above description is not very good, but I hope someone has
some experience with setting up X Window configurations with multiple
video cards.

Thanks,
Sam