IMPORTANT : OpenWest 2014 CFP :: OpenWest 2014 Young Coders CFP

1 view

Victor Villa

Jan 14, 2014, 4:11:39 PM1/14/14
to oa...@googlegroups.com
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- Jan 13, 2014 --OpenWest 2014

The Utah Open Source Foundation is pleased to announce the OpenWest 2014
conference, May 8 - 10 in Orem, UT. The conference focuses on Open
Source, Open Hardware and Open Standards and has now opened the Call For
Papers!

OpenWest Call for Papers : http://openwest.org/cfp

Based on the success of our Saturday�s Kid�s Track, we expanded this
event into a Young Coder�s track and have opened a Young Coder�s Call
for Papers. Children that are 10 or older with the approval of their
parents or guardian may now submit papers to present to their peers. The
Young Coders track will take place on Saturday, so no school will be missed.

Young Coders OpenWest Call for Papers : http://openwest.org/cfp-yc

Both Call for Papers are expected to end Feb 7 at 11:59p with community
voting take place the next week. Notifications will go out Feb 17, 2014.
That said, if you have a presentation idea after that date, please
notify us and we will consider it on a case basis.

Tickets for the Conference will go on sale on January 27, 2014. Like
last year, we are expecting to sell out and strongly urge everybody to
buy tickets early.

Friends of UTOS Program:

We will be holding a drawing for a $50 Visa gift card during the
conference. Enter the drawing by helping us advertize the conference!
Please see http://openwest.org/friends for more details!

mj/v*