OALUG Hack Night

mi...@theadamsresidence.net

Jul 7, 2015, 9:26:29 PM7/7/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

Anyone interested in getting together this week or next for a hack night?

It would be an informal thing where we could bring laptops and work on different
projects and help each other out.

let me know,

- Mike

micah child

Jul 8, 2015, 2:33:49 AM7/8/15
to OALUG

Sounds fun. I have a scheduled commitment on Wednesday night, but free weekends or other evenings.

I have a python library error I wouldn't mind learning how to correct.

Site: http://www.oalug.com

Jacob Albretsen

Jul 8, 2015, 12:45:20 PM7/8/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
This week is both perfect and not perfect for me. However if my schedule
allows, I am interested. Where were you thinking of doing it?

micah child

Jul 8, 2015, 2:41:23 PM7/8/15
to OALUG

We could possibly reserve a classroom at Weber's main campus; is OALUG still a recognized/affiliated campus club or organization? There are often available rooms in Elizabeth Hall. Or would the normal location downtown be available?

I can see if a room is available in EH once we have a day/time, set if you like.

Micah

Jeremy Payne

Jul 8, 2015, 10:10:10 PM7/8/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Could be a long shot, but I would contact the IT dept at the OWATC and see if perhaps a multipurpose or classroom could be used there. If it was possible, it would probably need to be on a tuesday or thursday, when the staff is there later for evening classes til 8. Fair warning, from a student: Windoze is big man on campus, though they do offer some Linux courses. That being said, it is a school, and OALUG doesn't have a negative reputation, so I don't see why, if it were allowed by school policy, a meeting could not be held there. Just a suggestion.

mi...@theadamsresidence.net

Jul 10, 2015, 1:23:44 AM7/10/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't believe we have any kind of official standing with WSU or OWATC. It is probably worth mentioning that we could arrange access to the board room at Startup Ogden for this if there is a slot open.

I was actually thinking about something a bit less formal like a restaurant or cafe. At the last meeting Kevin mentioned that some ruby folks used to meet at Manuel's El Burrito (http://www.el-burrito.com) in clearfield.

Any interest in doing that say Wed or Tuesday evening?

- Mike

I could suggest Wed evenin

micah child

Jul 10, 2015, 1:55:17 AM7/10/15
to OALUG

Tuesday would work better for me :)
Would be nice to be able to get the board room.

mi...@theadamsresidence.net

Jul 13, 2015, 7:27:57 PM7/13/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody!

I am pleased to announce that we have booked the Ogden Startup conference room
for 7-9pm Tomorrow night (Tuesday the 14th of July).

Please feel free to bring a system and hack away for the evening.

As food (pizza) and beverage (Soda and Water) will be provided please
RSVP before 6pm with preferences.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing ya there!

- Mike

micah child

Jul 14, 2015, 1:40:48 AM7/14/15
to OALUG