[JOB] MySQL DBA (LAMP)

John Halladay

Feb 17, 2015, 11:34:22 AM2/17/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Sending this out on OALUG because we're looking for a MySQL DBA with good LAMP experience.  I was once a Linux Admin in a previous life (and somedays I really miss it). :) See description below and send me your resume.  Thanks!

John Halladay
Database Administrator

=============================

Company: Progrexion Holdings Inc.
Location: Downtown SLC
Salary: $75k - $100k (DOE)
Position: MySQL DBA (LAMP experience)

We are currently looking for a Mid to Senior MYSQL Database Administrator to join our Data Management team and assist with designing, building, and maintaining all of our database systems.  You will be working with an A-team of DBA's and developers contributing in every step from design to delivery and reporting.

QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment support
- Experience with MySQL 5.0/5.1/5.5 (3+ years) (Prefer Percona)
- Strong understanding of :
  - database design
  - performance tuning / optimization
  - monitoring
  - replication
  - backup strategies
- Strong experience with Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS)
- Strong scripting ability in PHP and console usage (bash, crons, etc)
- Able to work well in a team and within existing development standards
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment

DESIRED QUALITIES:
- Some previous experience with SQLServer 2005/2008, Oracle 10g, and MongoDB
- Experience with SAN
- Able to take feedback constructively
- Detail Oriented

REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years database administration with heavy MySQL experience

=============================

Samuel N. Haymes

Feb 17, 2015, 8:54:51 PM2/17/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
We are looking for approximately 20 software engineers for our project.
Since there are so many jobs, I will briefly describe the project. If
you or anyone you know is interested please contact me and I will
provide more information. We are looking for entry level as well as
experienced engineers.

I work for the 309th Software Maintenance Group at HAFB on the Common
Modular Environment (COMET) project.

COMET is a complete user-friendly environment for developing and testing
software used in real-time embedded computer systems, such as the F-16.
COMET supports all phases of the software development and test process.
COMET is a modular design with COTS and custom hardware and software.
We basically provide/simulate the operation environment of the embedded
computer systems. For example, we model the aircraft and provide inputs
to the embedded computers so they don't know they are not really flying
in the aircraft. We do simulation, emulation and modeling of the
systems.

I know this is brief. But if anyone might be interested, they can
contact me and I will get them in touch with the right people.

--
Samuel N. Haymes <sam.h...@gmail.com>