Meeting for July 29th, 2015 and Nerd Lunch

mi...@theadamsresidence.net

Jul 23, 2015, 3:18:44 PM7/23/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks!

I am pleased to announce that OALUG will be meeting Wed. of next week at Startup Ogden from 19:00 to 21:00 Mountain. Tristan Rhodes has offered to present on his experience with developing a python script for stock trading with https://www.quantopian.com.

Lucky Slice pizza will be served with drinks at the meeting. Please RSVP before Wed. morning with topping and beverage preferences. Pizza and drinks will be ordered based on the final RSVPs. http://goo.gl/forms/KbRymv2Mf6

Rob Oakes (Developer w/ Gurulabs) has committed to presenting in August for OALUG.

Question: Would there be any interest in a brief presentation on GPT partitions and partitioning with GNU parted before Tristan begins?

** Nerd Lunch : Davis County Branch **

Nerd Lunch will also be happening the same day at Johnny Rockets in Park Station at 11:30am. RSVPing is nice, but not required.

** Future meetings **

If anyone is interested in presenting in Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec please let me know.

If there is any topic that interests you feel free to submit suggestions on the mailing list, to me directly or through github.com/oalug/presentations/issues.

If you would like to contribute to some "stock" presentations that can be used for future meetings feel free to contribute through github.

** Location and Schedule Details **

[ Nerd Lunch : Davis County Branch ]

Date: Wed., July 29th 2015
Time: 11:30am
Location: Johnny Rockets @ Station Park
Address: 875 W. East Promontory, Farmington, UT

[ OALUG Meeting ]

Date: Wed., July 29th 2015
Time: 19:00pm
Location: Conference Room @ Startup Ogden
Address: 2316 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401

Notes: Doors lock at 7pm, arriving early is recommended.

Parking:

https://i.imgur.com/aNrz6KR.jpg

Parking is available just north in the green marked area. The yellow
marked Zions lot can be parked in after 6pm. The red marked area is
owned by Recreation Outlet and only available to their customers. Please
enter the building at the rear door marked by the arrow.

Tristan Rhodes

Jul 23, 2015, 5:03:51 PM7/23/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
If anyone has any questions in advance about algorithmic stock trading, please ask.

I recommend creating an account at Quantopian now, so you can clone my algorithm and tweak it during the meting.

Tristan

Site: http://www.oalug.com