Job Opening - Mac Desktop Support

Jacob Albretsen

Jun 15, 2015, 6:12:48 PM6/15/15
to oa...@googlegroups.com
OALUG,

I know this is a bit off topic, but perhaps someone on the list may know
someone...

My employer, iTransact, is searching for someone to join our IT team to handle
general IT needs: Desktop support, networking, setting up / taking down
systems for new or leaving employees, printers, general I need help with my
Mac I don't know what to do stuff. As they prove their skillz, I will be
handing off other office needs.

We are envisioning a full time position, but if you have school or something
(as a person applying for this may be working on), I am willing to consider
part time if the schedules will work.

Description below. Send resumes / questions / donuts to:
j.alb...@itransact.com

----------------------------------

iTransact is a privately held merchant services company located in Farmington,
Utah. We are currently looking to fill a spot on our IT staff for a Desktop
Administrator.

Job Duties

- Act as a “ready to assist” Mac OS X help desk for the office employees
- Install, update, and actively maintain Mac OS X workstations and laptops
- Keep all Mac OS X workstations and laptops PCI compliant
- Maintain and improve upon our equipment refresh and replacement program
- General office IT maintenance (printers, scanners, etc)
- Using Google Apps for Business
- Basic networking of the office
- Manage Time Machine backups
- Be proactive in findings ways to make our systems and company more awesome
- Assist the Engineer and Developers with various tasks

Requirements

- Experience with Mac OS X Desktop Support
- Patience toward employees and requests
- Happy to help others when they ask
- Ability to independently and properly research and learn skills and find
solutions to problems and needs of the company
- An overwhelming urge to properly document tasks and procedures
- An overwhelming urge to be organized and keep the computer and networking
setup of the office clean, organized, and not cluttered
- Never ask if you can run Windows instead of Mac OS X

Bonus Skills

- Experience with Mac OS X Server Support
- Command Line – Experience and comfortable using the command line to
accomplish tasks. Extra bonus know why and agree that the command line is
superior to any GUI.
- Experience and understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Linux
- Never want to ask if you can run Windows instead of Mac OS X
- Nunchuck