Guru Labs Developer Workshop: Websockets (12/16/2014@6:30pm)

Rob Oakes

Dec 15, 2014, 10:11:17 AM12/15/14
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ogden Area Linux User's Group,

Guru Labs will be holding a development workshop on December 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm. We'll be talking about Websockets, with an emphasis on using websockets in Python.

We live in a world where the technological state of the art is rapidly changing. In web development, we've moved from applications which were primarily implemented in server code to smart clients. Users now expect to be notified instantly when an update is available.

This presentation provides an overview of websockets, a new technology that can be used to build always connected web applications. We will discuss the fundamentals of how websockets work, and how we can take advantage of those features from Python. We will look at some of the fundamental libraries that can be used for writing websocket servers and clients. Finally, we will dissect the architecture of a few example programs and talk about ways which they might be implemented on top of a Python web stack.

-- Where --
The event will be held at the Guru Labs offices:

1148 Legacy Crossing Blvd #200
Centerville, UT 84014

(our offices are located right off the Centerville exit directly adjacent to the Larry H. Megaplex theater)

-- When --
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm.

If you have any interest, or will be in the area, please feel free to stop by. We will be having food :)

So that we have some idea of the quantity of food to prepare, we would greatly appreciate it if you could RSVP to eve...@gurulabs.com.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes