When "No surprises" is a political tactic

Rich80105

Dec 20, 2017, 4:04:36 AM12/20/17
Another example of the Nats using "no surprises" to supress
inforamtion that may have been embarrassing for them in the lead up to
an election - and then passing the blame for delays on to public
servants :
https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/346562/ministry-for-primary-industries-reprimanded-over-oia

A "Related Story" on that page is:
https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/346451/government-plans-review-of-kauri-dieback-programme

At least the new government is being much more opern about issues they
are considering - open government will be a big improvement on the
secretive Nats . . .

bowes...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2017, 4:28:49 AM12/20/17
Much more open? What planet are you living on Rich. Winston's bloody government aren't telling us a bloody thing! Your glorious leader is even more adept at avoiding answering questions than Winston or Key! They're setting new records for stupidity, avoidance and lying!

george152

Dec 20, 2017, 2:03:08 PM12/20/17
Well rich did write 'opern' which means whatever he wants it to mean.
Perhaps he could explain how all that openness doesn't extend to the
'agreement' of the collusion?
Or not.

---

Rich80105

Dec 21, 2017, 12:02:51 AM12/21/17
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 08:03:00 +1300, george152 <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:

>On 12/20/2017 10:28 PM, bowes...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 10:04:36 PM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:
>>> Another example of the Nats using "no surprises" to supress
>>> information that may have been embarrassing for them in the lead up to
>>> an election - and then passing the blame for delays on to public
>>> servants :
>>> https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/346562/ministry-for-primary-industries-reprimanded-over-oia
>>>
>>> A "Related Story" on that page is:
>>> https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/346451/government-plans-review-of-kauri-dieback-programme
>>>
>>> At least the new government is being much more open about issues they
>>> are considering - open government will be a big improvement on the
>>> secretive Nats . . .
>>
>> Much more open? What planet are you living on Rich. Winston's bloody government aren't telling us a bloody thing! Your glorious leader is even more adept at avoiding answering questions than Winston or Key! They're setting new records for stupidity, avoidance and lying!
>>

>Well rich did write 'opern' which means whatever he wants it to mean.
Typos for information and open fixed above; you appear to be trying to
outdo pooh in deliberate misunderstanding . . .

>Perhaps he could explain how all that openness doesn't extend to the
>'agreement' of the collusion?

Regarding the Kauri die-back, lack of any meaningful response from
government was clearly an embarrassment - see the following article
which may have triggered National trying to shut down discussion:
https://www.nzgeo.com/stories/the-last-of-the-giants/

You may be confusing different threads - The issue above is just lack
of concern and funding fro government, but on another issue there is
clear collusion between Nick Smith and Paula Bennett for suppression
of information that should have been made public:
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/12/20/70263/officials-long-struggle-to-publish-new-sea-level-guidance

>Or not.

bowes...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2017, 2:00:39 AM12/21/17
On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 6:02:51 PM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 08:03:00 +1300, george152 <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:

> >> Much more open? What planet are you living on Rich. Winston's bloody government aren't telling us a bloody thing! Your glorious leader is even more adept at avoiding answering questions than Winston or Key! They're setting new records for stupidity, avoidance and lying!
> >>

> >Well rich did write 'opern' which means whatever he wants it to mean.
> Typos for information and open fixed above; you appear to be trying to
> outdo pooh in deliberate misunderstanding . . .

BULLSHIT! The only one in this ng with comprehension failure is you Rich :)

> >Perhaps he could explain how all that openness doesn't extend to the
> >'agreement' of the collusion?
>
> Regarding the Kauri die-back, lack of any meaningful response from
> government was clearly an embarrassment - see the following article
> which may have triggered National trying to shut down discussion:
> https://www.nzgeo.com/stories/the-last-of-the-giants/
>

> You may be confusing different threads - The issue above is just lack
> of concern and funding fro government, but on another issue there is
> clear collusion between Nick Smith and Paula Bennett for suppression
> of information that should have been made public:
> https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/12/20/70263/officials-long-struggle-to-publish-new-sea-level-guidance

Rich the rise in sea levels isn't new. the Romans had to put up with the same problem. The problem we have now is idiots like Shaw with the same lack of historical knowledge or for that mater remembering anything that doesn't fit into his own narrow dogma. Much like you Rich. Makes me suspect it's a chronic problem with trolling leftys like you :)