NYC Electroacoustic Music Festival, June 2-8th

tintin

May 29, 2014, 7:48:47 PM5/29/14
to nycsuper...@googlegroups.com

Announcing the New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival.

This year happening June 2nd through 8th at Abrons Arts Center in Lower
Manhattan.  Next week for seven days straight!

  http://nycemf.org

The festival charter is to present multi-channel electronic music by
composers from all over the world.  Works include pure electroacoustic
compositions balanced by hybrid works with live musicians, video and dance.
The Playhouse presents 8 channel audio, the Underground Theater presents 6
channels, the Experimental Theater presents 16 channels.  In addition, we
will have workshops on the weekend and installations throughout the week.

Please find the full program online:

  https://www.nycemf.org/programs/2014_program.pdf

Visit the Abrons Arts Center website to purchase tickets:

  http://www.abronsartscenter.org/performances/nycemf-2014/nycemf-2014.html

Purchase package tickets for multiple concerts to lower the overall price.
Visit online or at the Abrons box office, which opens by noon each day:

  Abrons Arts Center
  466 Grand Street (at Pitt Street) / 10002
  212.598.0400
  in...@henrystreet.org

There's a ton of music, but we are conscious that peak attendance may be
during prime-time evening hours of Thursday through Saturday.

Nonetheless, I will briefly call attention to a few events that stand out
from the norm:

  . Andreas Bergsland's work "Jeu de Modes" will feature
    choreographer Robert Wechsler using his Motion Composer Technology, a
    very precise motion tracking system used to generate sound.

    Concert #8 on Tuesday June 3rd @ 8p.

        http://palindrome.de
        http://www.motioncomposer.com/de/willkommen

  . Weekend presentations by Chet Udell on eMotion, a wireless controller.

    Main sessions are Saturday and Sunday evening @ 5.30p, with
    Q&A Sunday morning @ 11a.

        http://www.unleashemotion.com

This year's festival is supported by donations, materials and effort from
The Cary New Music Performance Trust, Genelec corporation (all our
speakers!), Fractured Atlas/Rocket Hub, Abrons Arts Center staff and crew,
East Carolina University, New York University (NYU), Queens College CUNY,
Ramapo College of New Jersey, State University of New York at Stony Brook
and Harvestworks.

Harvestworks will also host an opening reception on Sunday, June
1st @ 6p:

  596 Broadway #602 / 10012
  212.431.1130
  http://harvestworks.org

We thank all our composers for submitting works and are happy that most of
them will be attending the festival.

In summary--

  New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (NYCEMF)
    :: June 2-8, 2014 at Abrons Arts Center in New York City
    :: http://nycemf.org

    + Over 200 composers from around the world --
    3 venues hosting 5 to 6 concerts each day

    + Playhouse with 8-channel audio, Underground Theater with
    6-channels, Experimental Theater with 16-channels

    + Pure electroacoustic works and hybrid combinations
        including dance, live musicians and video

    + Installation art

    + Late night concerts

    + Workshops on eMotion
        http://www.unleashemotion.com

    + Dance works by Palindrome including Motion
        Composer technology

        http://palindrome.de
        http://www.motioncomposer.com/de/willkommen

    + Attended by experts of electronic music from
        around the world

During the rest of the year, NYCEMF is complimented by events sponsored by
the New York City Electroacoustic Music Society (NYCEMS) which seeks to
unite and support electroacoustic musicians in the greater NYC metropolitan
area.

  http://www.meetup.com/New-York-City-Electroacoustic-Music-Society

As the 2014 festival begins, we are already planning for 2015...

For composers interested to present works at next year's festival: Please
keep an eye on our website by early fall.  Submissions are usually due
towards the end of the year, November or December.

Hope to see you there.