Inaugural gathering for NYCEMS -- NYC Electroacoustic Society

tintin

Oct 30, 2013, 10:49:51 AM10/30/13
to nycsuper...@googlegroups.com

Hallo all--

Please consider this new organization dedicated to creating a society for electroacoustic music in the New York City metropolitan area:

To receive membership announcements, please signup with meetup.com, then join the NYCEMS meetup group.  Finally, please RSVP to our inaugural meeting -- in the future you will be automatically notified to RSVP as Meetup events are created.

This group is intended to be a general meeting place as well as a regular site for practioners to share and show-off.  We plan to present formal events, but also to facilitate informal, community driven and one-off presentations or social engagements relevant to the craft.  NYCEMS also serves to provide continuity between the annual NYC Electroacoustic Music Festivals.

Though there are many excellent and important organizations in NYC committed to electronic music, the organizers of NYC Elecroacoustic Music Society suggest that there is need for a common forum of hobbyists and professionals alike to meet as birds-of-a-feather and to organize events particular to their changing needs "from the ground up." If there is membership support for outreach, NYCEMS also hopes to serve as a bridge between different forms of electronic music and other arts and disciplines that embrace electronic music.

NYCEMS seeks to complement existing efforts in the New York City metropolitan area and welcomes cross-sponsorship with any interested organizations.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone who might benefit from such an organization as is proposed by the New York City Electroacoustic Music Society.  Our success will be a measure of our membership and its active involvement to propose and engage novel events.

Regards,

David Reeder