Freelance help needed tonight - opAmp circuit / EKG

Eric Skiff

Oct 26, 2016, 5:56:57 PM10/26/16
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Hi all - Apologies for the late notice on this one, but I figured I'd toss it out in case anyone is free this evening.

I'm in need of an electronics expert to help build a simple 2 lead EKG circuit, to be used as part of an equine heart rate monitor.

I have specialized electrodes for the purpose, and will be logging the data to an arduino, but I'm struggling to pull together a working circuit and could use some help diagnosing my issues and breadboarding a working solution.

I've got an opAmp which may or may not be right for the purpose, but would really benefit from someone with more experience diving in with me!

$125/hr negotiable, on-site at NYC resistor tonight at 9pm is ideal :)

Thanks
Eric
--
Eric Skiff
Co-founder

raphael

Oct 27, 2016, 3:49:58 PM10/27/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Here's approximately the right op-amp. What are you using? Any schematic?

Here's a promising schematic (just the "ECG amplifiers" section):
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/Biofeedback/MOD-EKG/resources/MOD-EKG-schematic.pdf

another good amp:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/AD620ANZ/AD620ANZ-ND/750967

Or is this all too late?
-r
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/nycresistormicrocontrollers.

jpbar...@aol.com

Oct 27, 2016, 3:58:42 PM10/27/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I think you you need an instrumentation amplifier with good filtering.  I recall an Open EEG site with schematics.  Of course EKG signals are of greater amplitude and thus easier to handle.  I recall EKG circuits also having a "right leg drive" output to help reduce noise.
Just some initial thoughts.

Joe

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail