Professional (licensed/insured) R/C operator wanted

hellroy

May 23, 2017, 11:50:56 AM5/23/17
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Hi,

(A little off-topic, but let me know if you know anyone!)

I'm looking for a professional R/C operator (land vehicle operation) for an advertising campaign. Operator must have past professional experience and be licensed and bonded.

Thanks in advance!
Layne

Anthony Ortiz

May 23, 2017, 1:15:14 PM5/23/17
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers

Hey guys,

I really don't mean to be a a party pooper because I'm all for helping people but off-topic stuff is starting to creep in here little by little and I think we should keep to topic, otherwise it will turn people off of this list as one innocent off-topic post results in dozens of replies that are equally off-topic. Just a little while ago someone posted a room for rent post and we were spammed with replies. However, that's just my humble opinion and I may simply be getting old and curmudgeonly... what say you guys?

Anthony

I looked at the other NYC Resistor Google Groups and it looks like this is the only list that's actually used. Noisebridge (arguably the premier hackerspace in SF) has a "-discuss" list, and an "-announce" list. Perhaps this "Microcontrollers" list could be renamed? Or there could be a few (like three) lists we could throw up to the wiki?

=]
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Anthony Ortiz <anthon...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys,

I really don't mean to be a a party pooper because I'm all for helping people but off-topic stuff is starting to creep in here little by little and I think we should keep to topic, otherwise it will turn people off of this list as one innocent off-topic post results in dozens of replies that are equally off-topic. Just a little while ago someone posted a room for rent post and we were spammed with replies. However, that's just my humble opinion and I may simply be getting old and curmudgeonly... what say you guys?

Anthony

James Marquardt

May 23, 2017, 2:14:03 PM5/23/17
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
I myself have never heard of a licensed and insured R/C operator, of course I am thinking of the Traxxas R/C stuff my son and I race.  Might have to google that one someday.

AS far as the off topic on this thread I can see where the OP would post here as many of us geeks that work with Micros often pilot Drones, and/or R/C vehicles.  As long as the thread does not turn for the worse then I would say leave it....for now ;-)

Now I would agree that the apartment post really had no business in this group, although I was tempted to get more information on the terms LOL.

Just my two pence.

Jim

Layne Harris

May 23, 2017, 6:01:48 PM5/23/17
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
No problem! My thoughts were that this topic was at least tangentially related given the technical requirements of this unique profession (it does exists- albeit, usually related to film production/effects) and that why you may not be a pilot, you might be involved in the building/designing of such devices. Not such a stretch I hope? Anyhoo... I'll post more carefully next time!

Thanks all!
-Layne