Open Source Assistive Tech project launching on Kickstarter

Eric Skiff

Jul 12, 2016, 2:01:49 PM7/12/16
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Hello Microcontroller List!

It's been a while since I was active on this list, but I'm one of the original Resistor members, and today I'm putting something out into the world that I thought you might be interested in - an open source assistive device company. Our ultimate aim is to make "daredevil" devices which achieve true sense augmentation for people with sensory disabilities, and to make them affordable and open source.

Our first device is a simple sound sensor that vibrates when it hears sound over a certain threshold, to keep people with hearing impairments safe in emergency situations or simple more aware of their surroundings. It's arduino compatible and our hope is that it gets used in ways we haven't even thought of yet!

Today is launch day, and we're doing our best to spread the word in a way that will make it beyond our usual circles and garner support from the wider internet, and I've made a little video that captures what we're up to pretty well: https://www.facebook.com/Furenexo/videos/280215689000213/

If you have a moment to help out, it would be incredibly helpful if you could share this video on Facebook.

Thank you!!

Direct kickstarter link

Thanks again
Eric