Job postings

Robert M Ellsworth

May 31, 2016, 2:31:35 PM5/31/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
As an alternative suggestion that does not restrict the ‘absolute number’ of postings, we might consider what many of the rail groups do: set a particular day of the week and time ‘window’ that “job opportunity” postings are made to.

This should contain a PRIVATE e-mail address for the person doing the posting, so the follow-up comments about immature business models, weird assumptions about valuation of proprietary technology or content, etc. do not have to appear on the list ad nauseam, unless the members find something in the subject interesting in its own right.

Then people who don’t want to bother with the strictly-from-commercial stuff can set time filters or scripting, and ‘the rest of us’ can be advised not to post during the certain hours if we want to be sure of reaching ‘everybody’.

Not sure I like the idea of ‘lots of job postings in one e-mail’. The idea here is about relationships, not just making an extra buck. It’s friends sharing an opportunity or vision with friends, or a request for competent assistance from a “prequalified” cohort. That doesn’t fit most laundry-list job opportunity dumps.