Hey! Anyone around 2/23?

Joshua Balfour

Feb 12, 2015, 4:13:11 PM2/12/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I'm coming over from England and spending a couple of days in NYC, and was wondering if I could come visit your hackspace?
Would be awesome if anyone's around!

Joshua Balfour

Feb 12, 2015, 4:59:17 PM2/12/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Just saw your Calendar and that you have an open event on that night so I'll be there :D

I guess I'll repurpose this thread to introduce myself then!

Hi, I'm Josh, 21, from London, and studying CS at Kent University, and currently in an internship year working as a BI consultant at Qubix International.
I'm over in the states visiting a few friends and as part of that am spending a few days in NYC, and having done all the touristy stuff last year thought I'd spend a day in Brooklyn.
I've been to loads of hackathons in the past and are very much part of the hackathon and startup scene in London, and found your hackspace on hackerspaces.org so am very excited to come check it out!

Should I bring soda/snacks? :D

hellokomputer

Feb 12, 2015, 5:05:37 PM2/12/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Hello. What's your favorite product that was born of a hackathon?

HK

Josh Balfour

Feb 12, 2015, 5:21:22 PM2/12/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Probably PhoneGap, because it's grown to a mature and popular product since its creation, is a catalyst for others to realise their ideas, and is genuinely useful to a lot of people, not just a cool idea or shiny gimmick!
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "NYCResistor:Microcontrollers" group.

Matt Joyce

Feb 12, 2015, 5:30:41 PM2/12/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
people tend to enjoy snacks / soda at craft night.  =P

welcome!

I am at the space right now actually if you show up.  I'll probably try to lock the door open at 6:00 or so.

Qubix huh?  I work for bigswitch.  Clown computing ftw!

=P

-matt

dirk swart

Feb 12, 2015, 5:34:48 PM2/12/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Of you are coming to Ithaca we'd be happy to hang out at Ithaca Generator.

Cheers
Dirk

Joshua Balfour

Feb 13, 2015, 7:49:08 AM2/13/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks =D

Ahh, I'm literally only gonna be there on that day!

Haha :D
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nycresistormicrocontrollers+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nycresistormicrocontrollers.

Joshua Balfour

Joshua Balfour

Feb 13, 2015, 7:50:34 AM2/13/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
oh and yeah i'll try and remember to bring some!