Need help with diagnosing a (probably) shorted out circuit board

Yehoshua Krupnick

Nov 7, 2016, 10:21:58 AM11/7/16
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Hi,

Water spilled on one of the output wires of a circuit board in a girdling machine (see photos) and after sparking for a bit, the wire burned and the machine went dead. We called the company (overseas), and they suggested removing the circuit board and examining the bottom to see if the etching also burned. I'm trying to find someone with experience in NYC who can do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Yehoshua

James Marquardt

Nov 7, 2016, 2:46:23 PM11/7/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am an electronics engineer and I am going to be in NYC either tomorrow or Wednesday.  Where are you located?  I can see if I can put you into my schedule.

JIm

Yehoshua Krupnick

Nov 10, 2016, 6:33:38 PM11/10/16
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Hi Jim,

Sorry I missed your reply. Not sure if you're planning to be around again sometime soon, but if you are, we're at 47th and 5th. Please email me directly at first name dot last name at gmail.

Thanks,

Yehoshua