Waterjet Cutting

Jed Ferreras

Mar 22, 2015, 4:20:31 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is there any chance NYC Resistor would be getting a waterjet machine (if you dont already have one), and if not what could members do to help achieve this (aside from paying out of pocket of course ?

Matt Joyce

Mar 22, 2015, 4:22:34 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
frankly the existing facility nycr has  cannot accommodate a water cutter.  full stop.

not sure how to approach that, or even if it makes sense.  a water jet is not a rapid prototyping device.  =/

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Jed Ferreras <mech...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Is there any chance NYC Resistor would be getting a waterjet machine (if you dont already have one), and if not what could members do to help achieve this (aside from paying out of pocket of course ?

hellokomputer

Mar 22, 2015, 9:59:53 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Does nyc resistor have welding equipment?

Michael Zions

Mar 22, 2015, 10:10:22 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Staten Island Makerspace has welding equipment.

hellokomputer

Mar 22, 2015, 10:34:42 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Dave Pentecost

Mar 22, 2015, 10:41:04 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Look at Madagascar Institute for welding equipment, classes, access. Their website has not been updated for a while but I see classes scheduled in the next month:

Director, Technology
Center for Community
http://www.girlsclub.org/building

Domebase
www.domebase.org

@dpentecost
Cell 646 704 2021

hellokomputer

Mar 22, 2015, 10:44:18 AM3/22/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Just need equipment, no classes. I'm considering just buying a mig that I can wheel out into my 4 square foot back area.... damned nyc.