OnePlus One Invites Available

KC2PED

Jan 10, 2015, 12:31:07 PM1/10/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I have three shareable invites to purchase a 64GB OnePlus One unlocked cell phone
The invites expire in "four days", I think at around 0100 EST on Wed 14Jan2015 but what I am seeing is not very specific
information on the phone is at www.oneplus.net
I have been using it as a PDA for three weeks and am happy with it and even I have not been able to fill it up yet
If you are interested in one of the invites email me at ca_ridgway on the Yahoo system
First come, first served
Note that I do not have internet at home right now so there is no garuntee that I will get your email before the invites expire, or that I understand when they will expire

Charlie

Glen Duncan

Jan 10, 2015, 12:34:26 PM1/10/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
A friend just got one. It's a very nice phone. It should be noted that the OnePlus One will not work on Sprint and Verizon in the United States, or any MVNO that sells service using Verizon or Sprint's network.

mi(ke)lberman

Jan 10, 2015, 1:59:58 PM1/10/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
I've had mine for a few weeks.  It's a little bigger than I expected, but I really love it and have been impressed with it's performance (never thought about playing multiplayer 1st person shooters on mobile before).

If you're buying your own phone, T-Mobile offers no-contract plans that are half what I'd been paying on AT&T.

@Charlie - Out of curiosity, how do you obtain invites?

Mike

Mike Kelberman
Interaction Technologist

KC2PED

Jan 11, 2015, 11:30:52 AM1/11/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com, mck...@nyu.edu
Mike, other than having an invite given to you by someone it lools like you need to join their forums and play their games to be eligable to win one
One of their marketing schemes was to have people who wanted an invite to physically destroy their current phone and submit the video
Their marketing is always in question
If you purchase a phone you will receive invites to purchase more phones yourself, I got two personal invited (just how many phones do they think a person needs and how much money do they think I have) and also invites to share
It took over a month for them to realize I haven't returned my phone and issue my invites
They have also made a limited number of phones available to the general public without invites, which is how I got mine
I juse it as a PDA and in the past 6 weeks have only had to reboot it a couple of times
It is zippy and the WiFi finds more APs than my laptop
I rarely pick up the old phone or tablet now and didn't bring anything but the phone to craft night last week

The invites expire in "four days", I think at around 0100 EST on Wed 14Jan2015 but what I am seeing is not very specific information on the phone is at www.oneplus.net
I have been using it as a PDA for three weeks and am happy with it and even I have not been able to fill it up yet
If you are interested in one of the invites email me at ca_ridgway on the Yahoo system
First come, first served
Note that I do not have internet at home right now so there is no garuntee that I will get your email before the invites expire, or that I understand when they will expire

A friend just got one. It's a very nice phone. It should be noted that the OnePlus One will not work on Sprint and Verizon in the United States, or any MVNO that sells service using Verizon or Sprint's network.

Ronald "Monty" Montemayor

Jan 14, 2015, 7:57:35 AM1/14/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
Happy New year everyone!

Just wondering if anybody still have an invite for oneplus they would like to share. Been looking around for an invite since last month to reward myself a oneplus phone.

Hoping you can send me one please. Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Monty

- Sent from android phone. Pardon the typo and brevity.

mi(ke)lberman

Jan 14, 2015, 1:31:32 PM1/14/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Charlie.  I actually got my invite shortly after writing the email (that month lag of not returning your phone - probably once the warranty/return phase ends).
My first invite is claimed, but if I get a second, I'm happy to send you it to you Monty.

Mike

Ronald "Monty" Montemayor

Jan 14, 2015, 5:45:19 PM1/14/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Mike. Thanks!  I already got an invite from Charlie.

- Sent from android phone. Pardon the typo and brevity.

Ronald "Monty" Montemayor

Jan 24, 2015, 9:01:42 PM1/24/15
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Hello folks, I have an invite that will expire in 2 days. Let me know if you want one.

2