Does anyone have a USB host shield they can part with?

Glen Duncan

Sep 30, 2016, 4:06:24 PM9/30/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Or a local source for instant gratification? Struck out with Microcenter and Radio Shack (yes, they still exist!). Am I missing any other options?

-spec

Eric Berger

Sep 30, 2016, 4:09:07 PM9/30/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Amazon Prime has it for $20,  but you need to order >$35 doe free one-day delivery.

Nullius in verba
Sum Ergo Cogito

Chris Stratton

Sep 30, 2016, 4:25:38 PM9/30/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
meh... host shields for Arduino are an overpriced implementation of a bad idea.

Maybe try a teensy-lc (iirc tinkersphere has them) instead of the
Arduino itself?

Other things that can do embedded host are most of the kinetis freedom
boards, most STM32F4's including the nucleo eval boards (though you
have to pick up the USB from the pin headers), etc

Dave L

Sep 30, 2016, 4:45:59 PM9/30/16
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
I agree about Tinkersphere. They have the arduino host shield you're looking for as well as the teensy boards like Chris recommended. I go there all the time for parts. They should be open til 8 if you're in a pinch.

http://tinkersphere.com/shields/731-usb-host-shield-for-arduino.html
> To post to this group, send email to
> nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/nycresistormicrocontrollers.

josh jordan

Sep 30, 2016, 5:13:23 PM9/30/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
You will need a microcontroller with USB built in like a FRDM-KL26, or AVRUSB if you like AVRs.  Otherwise you will not be able to do much more than emulate a com port.

-Josh