[NYCR:Microcontrollers] OT: Free Roomba with Serial Cables

motoki hayashi

Jul 6, 2016, 6:45:31 PM7/6/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
This is OT, but I thought some of you might be interested...

I bought a non-working Roomba via Craigslist for cheap. It turns out the only issue was its battery and the robot is fully functional. I tested it with RC batteries. I was planning to add my own telemetry so my cat can "drive” it, but my cat has passed away last year and the Roomba is sitting under my desk since.

So, I am offering a free Roomba with accessories and couple of ADB serial cables (not tested). I also have empty battery enclosures so you can potentially rebuild a fresh battery pack (one is hacked so I can hook up RC batteries). Great source for robot parts and ‘virtual wall’ units are worth $8 each on eBay. I will throw in a triangle screw driver for the battery packs if I can find it.

If you are interested, please PM me. I work in midtown Manhattan.

Below are links to photos. I’d be happy to answer if you have any questions.

http://www.dgtide.com/images/IMAG0231.jpg
http://www.dgtide.com/images/IMAG0234.jpg
http://www.dgtide.com/images/IMAG0235.jpg

Thanks,
Moto

motoki hayashi

Jul 7, 2016, 5:10:01 PM7/7/16
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all.

I have received quite a few responses, so I am following up.
Thank you for those who responded.

I am contacting the first person who has responded at the moment. If for any reason I could not make arrangements, then I will contact the next person in the order of email timestamp until the robot is handed over.

Moto