URGS!!!!

Art

Mar 13, 2016, 10:45:28 AM3/13/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Damn, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it to the next meeting
this week, work is killing me and I have tried staying up till 9 at
night and it just doesn't work for me in the morning =/

So, its up to you guys what you're doing at the meeting, one thing I'd
like to try doing again is some 2m digi net either on saturday or sunday
sometime around 5 or so. we could probably use 144.300 or there abouts,
its in the oscar sub-band but the only other area to go is in the 144.9
- 145.1 range where the packet radio stuff is.

the other option is to hit the hf band on 10m and see what we can get.

If I can I'll try to make it this meeting but if not I'll hopefully hear
you guys on the air =)

Art

Brian Lawler

Mar 13, 2016, 2:52:08 PM3/13/16
to MBARC-Digital Group
Art- Sorry to hear about your schedule.  I know how that can be to deal with.  Consider 145.500 - 145.800  The "miscellaneous and experimental mode" sub-band per WWARA https://www.wwara.org/WWARA_BAND_PLAN_2012_07_08.pdf   We have played there in the past with the only complaints from renegade voice simplex users who don't like band-plans :)  It is really best to steer clear of satellite and spacecraft freqs because you can raise havoc for a lot of people.

I too am going to miss this meeting.  just too much other radio stuff happening this week.

-Brian

Art

Art

Mar 13, 2016, 3:02:49 PM3/13/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
thanks for that!

Also of note, I have started the new mbarc test site for people to play around with, I made a digital group user (I'll email Budd the details in a bit) and I'll make a main group user later (the idea being that each group has specific control over just their stuff).

I'll pretty-fy the site later when I have time.

the test site is www.nouse4anick.com/mbarctest

Art

Gayland Gump

Mar 13, 2016, 4:53:11 PM3/13/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Will miss both of you at the meeting.

Went to the test site and attempted a log on.  How will that work?  When you get around to it.  What exactly were you hoping to add to it in a functional way?

Gayland
KG7GCF

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 3:05:25 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
I spent the morning getting my 2m station Raspberry pi tnc combination back up.

If anyone wants to try a digital net tonight I should be around. I have running Xastir for now.

Robert/KF7VOP

Art

Mar 20, 2016, 3:15:36 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
do we want to do an xastir net or do some sort of fldigi mode?

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 3:47:41 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm... good question let me see if I can get fldigi setup on my PI.

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 4:14:27 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Oh crap I forgot you need a signal-link or something like that to use Fldigi

Let me see what I can throw together

Robert/KF7VOP

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 7:13:16 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
I just threw together a soundcard modem with a USB sound card and USB-serial port breakout

It appears to be working, transmitting at least I can hear it I am on 145.650 running QPSK31

Robert/KF7VOP

Art Miller

Mar 20, 2016, 7:43:51 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com

I'll be home in a bit to hop on

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 8:12:02 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Email me when you get setup. We should be able to use the faster modes being on VHF.

Art

Mar 20, 2016, 8:53:55 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
small snaffo... apparently my db9 to rj45 adapter is mia and the one i did find is wrong =(

making a new one real quick

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 9:07:09 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
I am still here

Art Miller

Mar 20, 2016, 10:04:14 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com

I'm transmitting.... let me know if you can hear me

Robert Sears

Mar 20, 2016, 10:21:29 PM3/20/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Just stepped out for a bit, I can kind of hear you but nothing clear yet