APRS Field Exercise

Budd Churchward

Oct 9, 2016, 1:39:50 PM10/9/16
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio

Robert Sears

Oct 9, 2016, 2:00:18 PM10/9/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Neat, I am tracking them now too. Everyone can follow along at APRS.fi even if you don't have a radio.

http://aprs.fi/#!mt=osm&z=13&call=&others=1&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Robert/KF7VOP

Robert Sears

Oct 9, 2016, 3:22:32 PM10/9/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Hey watching what's going on and snooping some others messages today I
discovered there is an APRS to SMS gateway in Vancouver.

In your favorite APRS program send a message to SMSGTE with this format
@###-###-#### message

Here I sent a test SMS to my phone

12:13:24 New Chat Between KF7VOP-1 and SMSGTE on 2016-10-09
12:15:23> @3609271127 TEST (*2-12:15:23)

I received the text message on my phone and then sent a reply from my
phone and received it in APRSIS32
12:16:19< 3609271127 Test back (*3-12:16:23)

Robert/KF7VOP

Robert Sears

Oct 9, 2016, 3:24:44 PM10/9/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, international text messaging rates will probably apply to any
texts you send so don't go wild. ;p

Maybe there is one that has a US phone number...

Robert/KF7VOP

Scott Johnson