KPC3+ Questions

Andy Sayler

Jan 8, 2017, 5:45:47 PM1/8/17
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio

I used my kantronics TNC today and it was giving me some grief. Is anyone on here up on the ins and outs of them. I think I may have a few setting wrong but am not skilled enough at this point to properly troubleshoot it or repair. If I knew were I was going wrong I suppose the setting process would be an easier road to travel but I'm not even able to get to that point..

Anyone looking to help school a noob?

Thanks in advance

~Andy

Art

Jan 8, 2017, 5:58:24 PM1/8/17
to nww...@googlegroups.com

So couple of things:

- factory reset it, that gives you a good jumping off point

- make sure that xastir is using a regular TNC not a KISS TNC type interface (default for kpc3 isn't kiss)

- plug everything in and look at the terminal output (on windows use putty, linux has a few serial port utilities, I just don't remember off the top of my head, xastir has a debug output for the port though so you can see traffic on it)

if all else fails bring it along to the next meeting and have someone look at it and see if they can figure out why it isn't connecting

Art

Andy Sayler

Jan 8, 2017, 7:54:12 PM1/8/17
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
I'm putting together some portable wiring for it right now... I'm thinking I will try to bring it in with me for the next meeting.. That and I have another gentlemen that may be able to help but again I need to have it mobile...

Thanks for the come back Art. Once I get these new wires made I'm going to go through your list.

73