SDR APRS IGate?

Andy Sayler

Jul 15, 2017, 7:09:03 PM7/15/17
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Has anyone tried putting one of these together?  https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/blob/master/doc/Raspberry-Pi-SDR-IGate.pdf

It seems like a very effective way to create an IGate with minimal cost, components, and added mumbo jumbo.

What say you?

~Andy

Art Miller

Jul 15, 2017, 8:31:37 PM7/15/17
to nww...@googlegroups.com
You could use a tncpi to kinda do the same thing but without direwolf..... you'd have to find a command line aprs gateway

Andy Sayler

Jul 15, 2017, 10:50:37 PM7/15/17
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
The part I like about this system is technical you wouldn't need a secondary (TNCPI or UDRC) board on the pi adding extra cost and steps.

Robert Sears

Jul 16, 2017, 1:53:49 PM7/16/17
to nww...@googlegroups.com

DO NOT OPERATE A RECEIVE ONLY I-GATE

Messages received by receive only I-Gates will not be returned, as the APRS network sends replies via the same node, and will be unable to do so since receive only nodes can not transmit.

Robert/KF7VOP

Robert Sears

Jul 16, 2017, 5:04:11 PM7/16/17
to nww...@googlegroups.com
We still have the Ferndale Library booked for this Tuesday 6:30 to 9:00

If anyone is interested in bringing projects in to show, play with, or
troubleshoot this is a good time as we don't have to do any club business.

I can bring a PI/UDRC2, radio power supply and antenna.

Anyone else interested?
Robert/KF7VOP

Gayland Gump

Jul 16, 2017, 8:53:39 PM7/16/17
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely!  I keep digging holes and haven't found china yet.  Still struggling with udrc/pi issues and would love to learn from anyone who has figured things out better than I.

Gayland
KG7GCF

Andy Sayler

Jul 17, 2017, 9:24:57 PM7/17/17
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
I'm planning on being there.... Probably be there a little early as well...

~Andy