MBARC Digital Group is now on Facebook

Robert Sears

Apr 17, 2016, 2:42:50 PM4/17/16
to MBARC-Digital Group
I took it upon myself to create a Facebook page for the digital group
this morning.

There is not much there now but I will add contents as I go along.

I believe a more social media approach is the direction the club needs
to take over trying to maintain a webpage with fresh content.

If you are on Facebook please "like" it and invite your friends

https://www.facebook.com/mbarcdigital/

If I don't hear any objections I am probably going to go a head and make
a "place holder" Facebook page for the main group.

Robert/KF7VOP

Gayland Gump

Apr 17, 2016, 8:24:46 PM4/17/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Detest facebook but what can you do.  Not sure that I actually know what the issues are as the current digital group seems to work for me.  So I guess deferral is the only reasonable position for me.

Gayland
KG7GCF

Robert Sears

Apr 18, 2016, 9:49:54 AM4/18/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Facebook is the most popular of the social medias and this is more proof
of concept of the direction I think the club should take with its web
presence to help expand our member base. Facebook page will not replace
the Google group, because Facebook really does not lend it's self well
to in depth threaded discussions. I see Facebook is more of a free a
promotional platform. As the number of "likes" grows MBARC Digital page
will start to be suggested to other Facebook users in area that are
interested in ham radio and related topics.

Robert/KF7VOP

Robert Sears

Apr 18, 2016, 9:56:04 AM4/18/16
to nww...@googlegroups.com
As I recall last month someone asked about RTL-SDR so we decided that
would be our topic for this months meeting.

Bring your SDR dongles and lets see what we can hear.

I have RTL-SDR software to demo on Windows, Linux, Android and maybe a
Raspberry Pi.

But I might not make it as I have to drive down to Arlington everyday
this week for solar training at Outback Power and won't get out of there
until 5:00 PM.

We will see how I feel on Tuesday.

Robert/KF7VOP

Gayland Gump