Bad UDRC EEPROM - Again

2 visningar

Budd Churchward

oläst,
21 juni 2017 20:05:122017-06-21
till Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
I picked up another UDRC that the club wants to donate last night at the Digital Group Meeting.

When I tested it, it needed a pull down resistor to keep it from keying the transmitter on reboot.

How can I be so lucky? This is the second one in row for me that has the EEPROM programmed wrong. There were ten of these in the S.V.R.C. group buy. Folks you need to check your EEPROMs.

Stop after you have completed this instruction:

Go no further until you do this:

cd bin
[that puts you at: ~/bin ]

Now enter:
./udrcver.sh

If it says: 'Found an original UDRC' go no further. You have a bad EEPROM

I have everything we need to reprogram your EEPROM. Contact me and we can make arrangements to meet, probably at The Foundry, but his is Field Day Weekend so we may need to get creative.

Budd WB7FHC

Art Miller

oläst,
22 juni 2017 00:40:422017-06-22
till nww...@googlegroups.com
 I'm going to have the guys bring their setups to field day and check them out

Robert Sears

oläst,
22 juni 2017 00:43:252017-06-22
till nww...@googlegroups.com

How is the need for a pull down and the EEPROM issue related?

Does the EEPROM effect anything besides Basil's scripts.

Robert/KF7VOP
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nwwdigi+u...@googlegroups.com.

Budd Churchward

oläst,
22 juni 2017 01:22:052017-06-22
till nww...@googlegroups.com
The PTT problem and the EEPROM problem are not related. They just both occur on a particular run of boards.

Bryan orders his boards in runs of 100. The newest boards have the pull down resistors installed . My guess is that most of the newest boards went out at SEAPAC. .. The S.V. order was placed about 1 week earlier.

The fix is easy. I will bring everything to Field Day at S.V. and we can take care of problems there.

Budd
Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra