Main group presentation

Art Miller KC7SDA

Oct 31, 2015, 3:52:22 PM10/31/15
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
I will be working on a quick presentation for the main group about our TNC-pi experiment. I tried a quick experiment last thursday and found out something very interesting!

So my home station is KC7SDA-2, my tnc-pi station is KC7SDA, I found out that in xastir neither station can 'hear' the other, HOWEVER on my -2 station I can see the messages from the pi to someone.

So, for the meeting next month I'll change my pi call to our groups call (KD7VDN) for the demo so we can show the club the digipeating and the reporting that happens.

I'd like to run a few more tests, I'd like to know when Gayland is free so I can go to the library and run a quick test and see if i can ping his place and have him send a message to my home station.

Art

Robert Sears

Oct 31, 2015, 5:10:15 PM10/31/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Interesting when I was playing with two setups I could see both (KF7VOP and KF7VOP-1) on each of the maps and send messages back and fourth without issue.

Art Miller

Oct 31, 2015, 6:59:05 PM10/31/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com

Wonder if it's a setting or a version change?

Gayland Gump

Nov 2, 2015, 11:30:06 AM11/2/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Art,

I can arrange to be in my shack any night this week.  I'd like to see if I can communicate out with the my hand held.  Still haven't got U/VHF antenna's on my big rig and would need help getting a cable built to connect it to the tnc.

Let me know when I can help out?  Will check back later today for response.

Gayland

Gayland
KG7GCF

Art Miller

Nov 2, 2015, 5:40:00 PM11/2/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com

I'll try to be on around 7ish tonight, my rig is on right now if people want to send me messages

Robert Sears

Nov 2, 2015, 6:01:36 PM11/2/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com
My station is up too

Also Gayland and Art do you have the internet interface setup in Xastir?

Robert/KF7VOP

Brian Lawler

Nov 2, 2015, 7:00:22 PM11/2/15
to MBARC-Digital Group
I got my igate back up on 144.390 (KNØN-5).  I think the CMOS battery in the Xastir host Wyse PC
 is dead, so every time there is a power blip it forgets how to boot.

-B

Art Miller

Nov 2, 2015, 7:28:14 PM11/2/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com

I believe that I do, I'm currently running my kpc3 tnc on my main computer to test out the interface for the main presentation

Robert Sears

Nov 2, 2015, 8:03:20 PM11/2/15
to nww...@googlegroups.com
It might be interesting to show the internet route too.

I have setup KF7VOP-2 with an internet interface only and enabled the auto reply.

I have sent it a message and got the auto reply back through the internet from KF7VOP

Disable your internet interface and send KF7VOP-2 a message so you only send by RF.

Some an I-gate should receive it and pass it on trough the internet.