Is there any ways to change the name of executable file under .app/Contents/MACOS?

luon...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2016, 5:20:09 AM9/15/16
to nw.js
Hi,

I am using the node version v.6.3.1
I built my app and wrapped it to a .dmg file in MAC OS.  As opening the app from .dmg file I encountered the alert to install the app. But the name of the app becomes `nwjs` as following:

I guess that it is due to the executable file name under .app/Contents/MACOS is nwjs. So my question is "Is there any ways to change the executable file name to my app's name without damaging the app?".
I tried to change the file name manually & change the "Executable file" name in Info.plist but after changing it said the app cannot be opened.

Could you please help?
Thanks in advance.

Mislav Boras

Sep 15, 2016, 5:28:02 AM9/15/16
to luon...@gmail.com, nw.js
Hi,

I think you did the right thing, by changing it in the Folder and in the Info.plist. Afterwards you should reset the app by the following command in terminal.

This is also useful when you want to exchange the icon. You also may have to restart your pc afterwards.

However I think the name nwjs is not fetched from the executable file but from the Helper or something. A least the changing did not solve the problem for me.

Anyone another idea?

Best,
Mislav

Vien Luong

Sep 15, 2016, 10:40:33 PM9/15/16
to Mislav Boras, nw.js
Hi Mislav,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I could change the executable file name by following your instructions. And you are right having said that the name nwjs wa not fetched from the executable file.
I am trying to find where is it fetched.

Thanks,
Vien

Lương Thị Viện (Vicky) Ms.
Mobile: +84-1629426080