Picking up steam!

Matt Frost

Nov 14, 2012, 5:06:10 PM11/14/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

I know it's been a while since this Google Group has been utilized, attempts to try to organize in person meetups have been unsuccessful. Our geography certainly makes finding a centralized location difficult and I know that coming from Porter County or West Lake County out to Merrillville after work isn't ideal. That being said, I do believe in community and I do believe that there is value in discussion; whether in person or in a forum like this.

Feedback, suggestions, ideas and all the like are encouraged as well; I'd be really encouraged to see the discussion on web development grow and thrive here!

Matt

Bryan Redeagle

Nov 14, 2012, 6:36:58 PM11/14/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we should try for a Google+ Hangout instead of an in-person meetup.

Cheers,
Bryan

Matt Frost

Nov 15, 2012, 1:12:38 AM11/15/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Great idea, I think that'd be a great way to get together.

Nikki Laski

Nov 27, 2012, 1:48:01 AM11/27/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
I think a Google+ hangout is a great idea! Since we are in NWI, I think it is really important for all of us to network together... The company I work for is looking for to hire people located in NWI as we grow and it makes me realize what a great opportunity a design/developer community in NWI would be.

Matt Frost

Nov 27, 2012, 10:46:01 AM11/27/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
I agree, I think the importance of not only networking; but learning from each other will only help us all to grow our skill sets. If there are people you work or interact with that might be interested in doing G+ meetups or even having forum discussions, could you spread the word? There is a Twitter account for the group (@NWIPug) if people want to get info that way as well.

Is there interest in trying to do a Hangout in December? I know it's the holiday season, I want to be respectful of that, so let me know if you have interest.

- m

Bryan Redeagle

Nov 27, 2012, 11:00:04 AM11/27/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
I can do most evenings and weekends for any month.

Cheers,
Bryan Redeagle

Nikki Laski

Nov 27, 2012, 11:21:26 AM11/27/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
I can do a Hangout in December... anytime during the evening or weekend works for me. Are there topics to meetups usually or anything?? I'm new to the group, so just wondering :)

Bryan Redeagle

Nov 27, 2012, 11:23:15 AM11/27/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
It's more of a "decide to talk about something if we feel the need". We can talk about any interesting new tools or projects. I like hearing how others are doing things.

Cheers,
Bryan Redeagle

Matt Frost

Nov 27, 2012, 11:32:30 AM11/27/12
to nwi...@googlegroups.com
I agree, I don't see the need to do much in terms of preparation. My goal is to have fun with it!