Novice question regarding Hub contributions

sumit....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 2:49:43 AM1/29/18
to NumFOCUS
Hello Community,

I am Sumit Saha, a software developer and a Data Science enthusiast from India.

Even though I have been a user of the Anaconda Manager for quite some time now, I am fairly new to conda-forge, but would like to start contributing towards it. And if possible even take it up as my mentoring organisation under GSoC 2018. That would be marvellous.

I am extremely interested in the projects listed here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KSQvcP3Hxr60IhV-_dcGIb4IkmAEeAXNIqdX_2sqYoM/edit , namely conda-smithy, conda-skeleton, etc.

Please let me know how to get started with it. I firmly believe I will be able to contribute and make the NumFOCUS better.

Thank you.

sumit....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 2:54:31 AM1/29/18
to NumFOCUS
Edit:

Here are some of the Python libraries I have used before in projects (in order of expected proficiency):

1. NumPy
2. Pandas
3. Matplotlib
4. Plotly
5. SciPy
6. Scikit-Learn
7. IPython
8. Seaborn
9. Theano
10. Tensorflow

Max Linke

Jan 29, 2018, 3:00:31 AM1/29/18
to numf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Summit

Great to hear you want to contribute to conda-forge. To ask about
project details and starting issues it's best to ask the conda-forge
community directly. We linked their gitter chat on our gsoc repo.

https://github.com/numfocus/gsoc

best Max