Volunteer: Contribution to NumFocus-Projects

Friedrich Schuster

Dec 30, 2016, 3:59:19 AM12/30/16
to NumFOCUS
Hi,

I'm relatively new to Python and also interested in learning Julia. I'm experienced in R.

Is there a way to contribute to related NumFocus projects, e.g. by cleaning up documentation, or similar "entry level" tasks?

Ralf Gommers

Jan 3, 2017, 12:00:42 AM1/3/17
to numf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friedrich, welcome! Every single project I know is always looking for contributors and happy to help you get started. I'm not too familiar with Julia myself, but I'd start with https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md and an issue at https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues labeled "up-for-grabs".

Most other projects also have a label for issues good for getting started with, often called easy-fix (in the Python world at least).

Cheers,
Ralf

Friedrich Schuster

Jan 3, 2017, 4:29:24 AM1/3/17