Working group between PSF and Numfocus to spend (and raise) money

Travis Oliphant

Apr 15, 2015, 1:26:45 AM4/15/15
to Numfocus, David Mertz
At PyCon, David Mertz from the PSF approached me and others about organizing a working group between Numfocus and PSF for scientific-related proposals to the PSF.   A few people from numfocus have committed and he is looking for additional psf members.

I think this is an excellent opportunity to get more people involved in Numfocus as well as raise additional money.

David and I will ask for money from the PSF during a future board meeting.    It would be great if Numfocus could do a campaign at the same time to raise matching funds to go towards the programs that Numfocus supports.

The idea of the working group would be to approve any requests that the PSF gets that involve PyData / SciPy and related projects which would get routed to the joint Numfocus / PSF working group.

Please contact David me...@gnosis.cx if you would like to get involved.

-Travis