Re: [numfocus] Setting up sublimeREPL with the anaconda distribution.

Max Linke

Mar 6, 2018, 4:16:20 AM3/6/18
to numf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jovanny

You have to tell sublime that it should start the python interpreter installed by anaconda. This should automatically pick up all the packages that come with anaconda. There is a section about setting the path for the python interpreter in the docs for sublimeREPL.
Note that I haven't used sublime text myself. You might have more luck with answers in a sublime specific mailing list / forum.

If you are just starting out I would recommend using the jupyter lab. They also support to switch to a sublime keymap. This will automatically work with the python packages installed by anaconda and give you a much more powerful REPL in the form of notebooks (and a normal REPL if you like).

best Max

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM Jovanny Elias <jovann...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I hope this is the right place where I can ask this. I am as student learning python and in class we have anaconda setup with packages that we can easily import but on my Windows 10 laptop I have been using sublime text 3 with sublimeREPL to code python.
I want to be able to able to use anaconda packages with sublimeREPL so that I can just say import Numpy for example with out having to download each package separately.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this or if there is a different way I can use it along with sublime text 3 editor.

I have already downloaded anaconda and it works when I am using spider or anaconda command promt.