Anyone know any Clang devs?

Anthony Scopatz

Nov 5, 2013, 5:21:17 PM11/5/13
to numf...@googlegroups.com, Geoffrey Irving
Hello All,

Geoffrey Irving and I are trying to get some patches into Clang for the benefit of xdress but we seem to be completely ignored.  It is really weird, sad, and frustrating.  Does anyone know any Clang developers that you could put me in touch with?  I'd like to sort out -- or at least know -- what the issue is.  Any help here would be most appreciated!

Be Well
Anthony

Fernando Perez

Nov 5, 2013, 7:45:27 PM11/5/13
to numf...@googlegroups.com, Geoffrey Irving
I'd also try the Twitters and g+, just in case...

Anthony Scopatz

Nov 5, 2013, 11:51:41 PM11/5/13
to numf...@googlegroups.com, Geoffrey Irving
Great suggestion Fernando, Thanks!

Be Well
Anthony

mark florisson

Nov 8, 2013, 2:41:33 PM11/8/13
to numf...@googlegroups.com, Geoffrey Irving
Hey Anthony,

I'll be in Cambridge on the 18th where there will be LLVM devs and
presumably Clang devs. If you want I can ask them about it, you can
send me more details offline if you want.

Cheers,

mark

Geoffrey Irving

Nov 8, 2013, 3:13:24 PM11/8/13
to numfocus
Thanks, that might be good. I'm getting silence again after updating
my patches with reasonable unit tests, so either the clang folk just
don't care much about patches from outsiders or something strange is
going on (www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1919). There
will be more patches in future (I'm working on another one now), so it
will be unfortunate if it's this hard to get traction each time.

We may end up having to fork libclang anyway to let xdress work with
existing versions of clang, but it would be unfortunate if we diverge
in nontrivial ways.

Geoffrey