Pythran 0.4 "PyHPC"

serge Guelton

Nov 18, 2013, 9:41:43 AM11/18/13
to pyt...@freelists.org, numf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pythraners,
I am happy to announce the release of Pythran 0.4 "PyHPC"

Featuring:

- better OpenMP support
- several performance bug fixes
- faster numpy array indexing
- optional parameter support
- faster tuple implementation when all elements have the same type
- a few more supported module, including ``functional.partial``
- exception not caught at the C++ level are now raised at the Python
level
- better long support
- more testing, special thanks to g webb
- several bugfixes in the C++ backend
- better None support, especially for scalar types
- add CFG analysis for better ``return None`` insertion
- better documentation!

The PyPI package and documentations have been updated accordingly, so as
the (unofficial) debian package. I'll be presenting it in 8 hours at
PyHPC.

Thanks a lot to all those who contributed to the project, especially
pbrunet, Joker-Eph, g webb and yuancheng!

So, what's next?

- support global variables (by coyott508)
- lazy evaluation of numpy expression (by pbrunet)
- ...

Meet you at PyHPC :-)