Ethical hacking and Security Educational Requirements and Skills Required

Rajeev

May 11, 2011, 6:45:56 AM5/11/11
to null
My son is in class XI and is keen computer enthusiast. He wants to
perfect his skills and want to be into Ethical Hacking and Security
expert when he complete his education. Along side his academic
qualification he wants to start learning and educating himself for
being expert in that area with time. I need help from fellow members
to suggest from where he should start. Like the best may be to start
with -

- First step - C++., with Socket Assembly
- Second step - May be PHP skills
- Third step - Assembly Language. and so on.

The above is just an example and will appreciate your comments and
skills required to be a Security expert. Your kind suggestions will
help not only him but many such candidates who has "?" for how and
where to start. I live in Delhi.

RAJEEV

Nikhil Wagholikar

May 12, 2011, 5:49:43 AM5/12/11
to null-...@googlegroups.com
Nulls,

Such type of question is:

1. Common and should be part of some bunch of FAQs and
2. Not really serving the purpose of Null mailing list!

Regards,

---
Nikhil Wagholikar

--
null - Spreading the right Information

This list is supported by Institute of Information Security http://iisecurity.in
Learn information security at your own pace – eLearning programs at http://elearning.iisecurity.in

Wasim Halani

May 12, 2011, 6:00:22 AM5/12/11
to null-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rajeev,

Till the time we come up with a comprehensive FAQ section, I think the below links will help your son.

As your son is still studying, I suggest he take the time and effort to strengthen his basics.
The stronger his foundations are in networks, programming, systems etc. the better it will be for him at a later stage.

http://twitter.com/washalsec
----------
To keep silent when you can say something wise and useful is as bad as keeping on propagating foolish and unwise thoughts. -- Imam Ali (p.b.u.h.)

prince sameer

May 12, 2011, 9:48:59 AM5/12/11
to null-...@googlegroups.com
That's so Cool.

I was actually waiting and googling for this kinda of Material.

Why not an Online Tutorial for Newbies.

Null Nullifies Rocking
Regards,

Syed Sameer Ahmed
9986007826

Rajeev

May 13, 2011, 4:28:04 AM5/13/11
to null
Wasim and Prince

Thanks for your kind understanding. Otherwise Nikhil's message was
quite disappointing as I thought Null does not promote newbies.
Besides promoting interest of actual professionals its also important
to bring in more talent and nurture same with experiences the older
generations have. This will help newbies to give respect to seniors
as well guidance for their future which any way would be our one of
the agendas.

I will ask my son to be in touch along with me to see how we can help
promote Null's cause. FYI, my business is to bring foreign companies
into India to invest and IT is focused area which include funding for
the Startups.

Wishes and thank to all of you.

RAJEEV

On May 12, 3:00 pm, Wasim Halani <wasimhal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Rajeev,
>
> Till the time we come up with a comprehensive FAQ section, I think the below
> links will help your son.
>
> http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/gaining-the-technical-skills-of...
>
> <http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/gaining-the-technical-skills-of...>http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/ideal-skill-set-for-the-penetra...
>
> As your son is still studying, I suggest he take the time and effort to
> strengthen his basics.
> The stronger his foundations are in networks, programming, systems etc. the
> better it will be for him at a later stage.
>
> <http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/ideal-skill-set-for-the-penetra...>
> Regards,
> ---
> Wasimhttp://securitythoughts.wordpress.comhttp://twitter.com/washalsec
> ----------
> To keep silent when you can say something wise and useful is as bad as
> keeping on propagating foolish and unwise thoughts. -- Imam Ali (p.b.u.h.)
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Nikhil Wagholikar <visitnik...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Nulls,
>
> > Such type of question is:
>
> > 1. Common and should be part of some bunch of FAQs and
> > 2. Not really serving the purpose of Null mailing list!
>
> > Regards,
>
> > ---
> > Nikhil Wagholikar

Nikhil Wagholikar

May 13, 2011, 5:11:03 AM5/13/11
to null-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rajeev,

No one in this mailing list is present to entertain or disappoint others. If you have a look at 'Introduction' section of 'null mailing list charter', it clearly gives you message, why this forum is set up. FYI, I'm copy-pasting the same:

null is an open forum dedicated to discussion and distribution of information pertaining to security vulnerabilities, exploits and security fixes. null aspires to nurture an active community of security researchers working towards addressing the most critical of security challenges, meanwhile spreading security awareness by encouraging responsible disclosure, conducting security trainings and awareness camps for corporations, students, government and other establishments.

So though your question is very valid, what I just meant was, this question is not fit for forums like 'null'. Also, I was positive in my response saying that Null should think of coming up with a FAQ to address such commonly asked questions.

When 'out of band' questions are asked in forums like Null, then really interested individuals (in this case techies and geeks) starts loosing interest in the mailing list.

Let us all ask or share those topics/stories/techniques etc to which the mailing list is made/intended/setup for.

Hope I'm clear and not disappointing you again!

Regards,

---
Nikhil Wagholikar