Suggestion to add to "Clojure buffer commands:"

Greg R

Apr 28, 2013, 9:37:24 PM4/28/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
This is in regards to the nrepl.el github page.

I'm not sure these are functions of nrepl.  Perhaps functions provided by Clojure mode?  If so, where is the documentation for Clojure mode functions?

These are the two Clojure buffer commands which seem like they should be in the list at Github:

TAB    Properly indent the line with the cursor anywhere on the line.
C-M-\  Indent the region between the cursor and mark.

I found the above in the "Computer Language Support" of the book "Learning GNU Emacs" and they work with nrepl + Clojure mode + Leiningen in emacs 24.3.
I poked around in the nrepl and Clojure mode documentation and didn't see these indentation related commands.

Regards,
Greg

Steve Purcell

Apr 29, 2013, 3:17:28 AM4/29/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
This command will get you a long way: C-h m    :-)

--

---

Greg R

Apr 29, 2013, 1:23:09 PM4/29/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Super useful!  However, neither the Clojure mode commands or nrepl commands in this help buffer list TAB or C-M-\ as useful key chords.
I did find C-M-q (point needs to be at the beginning of an expression) which is very useful.

Phil Hagelberg

Apr 29, 2013, 1:37:56 PM4/29/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com

Greg R writes:

> Super useful! However, neither the Clojure mode commands or nrepl commands
> in this help buffer list TAB or C-M-\ as useful key chords.
> I did find C-M-q (point needs to be at the beginning of an expression)
> which is very useful.

That's because they don't have anything to do with Clojure.

If every mode's documentation had to repeat all the built-in Emacs
commands nothing would ever get documented. =)

-Phil

Greg R

Apr 29, 2013, 8:45:52 PM4/29/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
This was a case of RTFM!  I found the sub-chapter in the emacs manual called "Indentation for Programs".
There are common indentation key-chords for all languages, however, somehow they are tweaked based on the major mode in effect in the buffer.
One small step up the emacs learning curve.

Thanks,
Greg